Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Mexico

The Wait "

Sail Date: October 26, 2015

My sister and I took the Carnival cruise to Mexico on October 26.  We were anticipating getting on board and relaxing in the sun prior to departure, so we arrived at the port about noon.  To our dismay, there was already a huge line to get cabin assignments.  We got in line and it didn't move for almost three hours.  We are both in our sixties and it was very hard standing for such a long time.  After the line began to move it was a while before we got our cabin assignment.  We were then told to go to another "spot" in outside area where our boarding number was located.  We waited in the hot sun for another hour or so.

We were never offered water, and no one even apologized for the wait.  In fact, the Carnival employees were very impatient and almost rude.

When we finally got onboard, about 4:30, we were exhausted.  Our plans for a relaxing afternoon were shattered.  We expected the captain to apologize for the conditions, but it was never mentioned.

I understand that they had a problem getting the previous guests off the ship and that was what caused the delay, however, I am sure that is not the first time that has happened.  It seems to me that there should be a plan in place to accommodate passengers who are inconvenienced while boarding.  It would have been nice to have been offered water and a place to wait with a little comfort, rather than standing in line for hours.

The staff on board the ship were fine, my complaint is with the employees in the boarding area.