Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Mexico

Poor destination in Mexico

Sail Date: January 25, 2015

The ship was good, the food was good, the staff were good (the restaurant staff went out of their way to accommadate my diet needs) and the activities/entertainment was good.  Catalina Island was a pretty stop and I am glad that I was able to see it.  Ensenada, Mexico, is however, an extremely poor destination.  It is a very industrial port and the town is set up with rows of really bad tourist stores selling the worst of goods.  It wasn't my intention to even get off the boat as I have been to this city before.  At the last minute, I did and only stayed about an hour before confirming what I already knew:  this town is not a destination that I will visit again.  The city lacks any charm of other Mexican cities and doesn't even have nice beaches.  For the amount of time the ship sailed in circles we could have gone to Los Cobos or PV (Long Beach to Ensenada is only about a three to four hour trip by car so making it into a 4-night cruise is a stretch to say the least).  I would not take this cruise again simply because of the Mexican destination and I do not recommend this cruise to anyone for that reason.

I feel sorry for the people in Ensenada who have a very hard life trying to make a living off the tourist industry when their town does not have tourist resources.

The ship was good and it was kept clean. By the way, you need to add good to the selections. There is a big difference between great and OK.
The food was good and staff were very attentive to my diet needs
The room was good and kept clean
The staff work very hard
I enjoyed the shows in the dynast louge. It would have been nice to have had another sining dancing show for the last night or at least a repeat of one of the other ones. They are good enough to see more than once. Comedians for me , however, are a hard sell. I find most of them to have humour that is in poor taste.
Children's Programs NA
I would have liked more dancing opportuniities that started earlier in the day and evening that encouraged latin and ballroom dancing.
Ensenada Bad, Bad, Bad. Please see initial comment.

Please see other comments.