Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Fun family cruise to Mexico!

Sail Date: May 23, 2011

The Imagination is staffed with pleasant staff who go out of their way to provide a cruise where every wish is met - from great food, clean rooms and decks, helpful and courteous staff, and a wide variety of activities.

Pros: Daily menu choices in the main dining room

Cons: Dance/musical show on 2nd night of cruise

Recommends Carnival Imagination? Yes!

The daily "Didja" items were great - snails, alligator, sushi...what fun! We particularly enjoyed the food in the main dining room.
We had 4 adults in our stateroom - so it was rather cramped. But it had a large window and the staff kept it very clean. The beds were surprisingly comfortable - with delightly soft linens. Excellent sleeping for all of us!
Particularly helpful when I left my purse near the pool - I was very impressed by how quickly they found it, got it to Guest Relations, and made sure that I had it returned. Also, there was a head waiter from Turkey who was very friendly with our family (he worked at the buffet on the Lido deck). Also, Antonio did a great job as our room steward, and Joseph was a great waiter for us in the main dining room. Luke, in the spa, was delightful - and very skilled.
The musical theater shows could have been improved... dancers needed rehearsal in their precision; costumes for some of the numbers just didn't do with the songs; the lead singer had a nice voice - but just didnt' seem to "fit the bill". Now that I've complained, I'll tell you that we loved our ballroom dancing classes, had great SPA and fitness room experiences, and found the miniature golfing in the ocean breeze to be hilarious.
Key West, Florida
Kino sandles outlet - they're made in Key West and only $12 a pair. (I bought 3 pairs.). Key Lime Shoppe - yummy! Snorkling was fun - but not as good as in Cozumel.
Don't Miss: Charming colorful houses in true Key West fashion
Wish we could have stayed much longer... snorkling at El Cid was spectacular - except for the jellyfish. The baker's vanilla is sold everywhere - and tastes wonderful.
Don't Miss: Riding Polaris RZR vehicles in the "jungle" and along the beach - fast and fun!