Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Horrible

Sail Date: October 01, 2016

Reviewed: 15 days ago

The absolute worst vacation we ever experienced. Day six of eight and I cannot wait for it to end. I've traveled to almost every country in Europe, to Egypt and to Israel. No previous experience has been this bad. The staff on the Carnival Glory has been either surly or condescending. All but one shore excursion out of five has been canceled, one without notice until we disembarked. One ticket had the departure time on it as one half hour after the tour left. It appears there are not enough staff for the number of passengers as we have been ignored, have been unable to locate staff for assistance and have been sent to different staff for problem resolution and none could or would help. If I hear one more "I'm sorry for the inconvenience", I'll scream. Perhaps if the food was not cold or stale, the drink services not excruciatingly long and the servers friendly, it would be a better experience on board the ship when our excursions are canceled.   This morning I was seated in a restaurant at a table and waited 15 minutes before a person came to the table and advised me I had been seated in a closed area. I was moved to another table where my drink order was ignored and when my fiance joined me, were moved again.

I could goo on and on with complaints, but other than refunding the canceled excursions, nothing more is expected unless it's another apology.

We have not had a vacation in five years, spent a lot of money for upgrades and excursions and it has ALL been wasted.

Carnival Glory, the saga continues.

Last day of cruise and we had an appointment with the Director of Customer Service, Vincent. I had to call the medical office at eight in the morning to see about seeing a doctor. Tony Lopez called Vincent to see if he was available to meet as planned. He told Tony there was a medical emergency (a woman fell and was injured, on deck) and he had to go to the medical office. As I needed to see the doctor, I went to the medical office for treatment. There was only one patient there and I asked the staff how the woman was who fell. Blank stares from the medical staff who knew nothing about a medical emergency. After I was treated, I went to customer service to find Vincent and was told he was in the auditorium. Asked the staff about the woman who fell and they knew nothing about it  I found Vincent outside the auditorium and introduced myself. He stated he heard " I went to the medical office to check up on him", said we could meet at noon and dismissed me by turning his back to me and walking away.

At noon, Tony and I went to his office as requested and was told he was on a conference call and it would be some time before we could see him.  We then asked to speak to the Hotel Director. At this point, Vincent appeared, belligerently told us he would not be able to help "us" and led us to the Hotel Director. When we began to explain the series of events during the cruise and the recent accusation by Vincent that I was "checking up on him", Vincent began to loudly talk over me in a hateful tone and when I asked to finish explaining, he yelled at me and made further disparaging remarks. Tony was afraid for me during this verbal attack  IN FRONT OF THE HOTEL DIRECTOR, and the Director asked him to leave his office.  The Director told us he had never seen Vincent behave in that manner and he did not appear to be himself. As this is the second staff member we had heard this same statement about,  it was apparently a very bad time for the Glory staff.

Finally we were able to discuss the series of incidents which occurred, most of which the Director was unaware as they were not reported.

After the meeting, Mr. Bunton said he would interview the other staff and advise us of the next step in the process. We were then dismissed.

Nothing has been said to us since nor information provided.

We are now off the ship and I could not be more relieved.

If this is an example of Carnival customer  treatment and problem solving, I pity future customers if they try to resolve any issues they experience during the cruise.

Caveat emptor.