Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

First time cruise

Sail Date: September 10, 2016

Reviewed: 29 days ago

The staff on the cruise were AMAZING! I've never seen a group of people work harder. Our waiters, Dom and Walter, and room steward, Kevin, went above and beyond to make our trip special!! We enjoyed the shows that the cruise had, they were a lot of fun! We went to a comedy show and a "Rockin' Ages" show that were both fantastic. We went snorkeling in Belize and got to see a Mayan pyramid in Mexico. Both of which were on our "bucket lists". Next time we'll save more money so we can do more excursions. Our only complaint was we didn't realize how much "extras" cost. We didn't know that we'd have to pay for things like bottled water and soda. We also spent a lot on tips off the ship. We knew that an extra $100 for each of us would be added to our bill to tip the ship staff, which we were more than happy to give. They earned it! Just didn't expect to spend another $200 on drinks and cash tips. All in all we had a wonderful time! Now we know what to plan for and will be more prepared for next time.....we're saving up to go again!

The cabin was a little smaller than I'd expected but nice. Kevin, our room steward was wonderful!! Loved getting the "towel animals" on our bed every night. I had problems with my ankles swelling and Kevin got me a bag of ice every night to help. Would have been nice if the tv got more than a few channels but guess that's what happens at sea.

Two tips. One: Bring ear plugs. The piano sing along was loud and went late! We could hear it in our cabin till past 1am. Two: Make sure to eat at "Guy's burger joint"!! We almost missed going. Glad we made the trip up two decks, best burgers I've ever had!!!!

1 Comment