Potentially great, but didn't quite get there!

Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 04, 2016
Ship: Carnival Glory

The ship is adequate to provide all of the 'bells and whistles'. However, when I attended a live show, Love & Marriage, I was greatly offended by the MC/Cruise Director. The audience was asked, "Who has been married the longest?". My neighbors, Joan & Ernest Bryan responded, "56 years!". He then asked was anyone married longer with an auctioneer's attitude, "Anyone 55, 56, or longer?" Another couple, said "50 years!". He then proceeded to bring them to the stage and proclaimed, "Okay, as our longest married couple...". It wasn't fair and biased, in my opinion. Joan and Ernest, appeared to be handicapped and are African American. Either, he did not want a handicapped couple or a black couple! Either way, it left a bad taste in my mouth. If he had not identified the white couple as "the longest married couple", or had asked Joan and Ernest if they would have difficulty coming to the stage or if they would like to participate, it would have squashed my issue on the spot; but he did not! I contacted him, via a note, and he spoke with my wife with a plethora of excuses, but didn't acknowledge his bias. I realize that it can be painful to acknowledge our mistakes, but that's the first step in correcting them.