Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Not as good as Norwegian or Princess

Sail Date: March 26, 2016

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was our first Carnival Cruise.  We have done multiple Caribbean cruises on Norwegian and Princess.  Carnival (at least this Glory ship) was a step below.  The quality of the food was about the same, though the desserts were boring.  Dining Room service was spotty and often slow.  I attribute this to under-staffing, as most servers appeared to be working hard.  The pools were the smallest that I've ever seen on a cruise ship, but there were plenty of chairs for lounging.  The cabins were clean and well-maintained. However, the room walls were thin and we heard our neighbors on several occasions.  The entire 5th deck smelled like smoke, thanks to the casino and poor ventilation. The sit-down Dining Room was not open for lunch.  The Dining Room and Buffet dress codes were not enforced.  Either enforce dress codes or don't have them!.  Like all ships, most areas were over air-conditioned (i.e. too cold).  The kids' clubs were good, according to my teenage girls, but one crew member would not give my daughter a t-shirt the last night because my 12-year old had a curfew and couldn't stay until midnight (the nerve of me requiring a bedtime before midnight!). Entertainment options were fewer than other ships and not very good quality.  Some comedy shows were canceled.  There were other little things like no strawberries at the chocolate fountain.

In summary, I'd say stay away from this ship, unless you get a price about 1/2 that of other ships.