Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Ship - Carnival Glory

Trip on October 24st 2015

Travel as a solo.

Had Cabin # 8400 - Balcony state room

This was my first of 2 cruise I booked with Carnival. This would be a 7 day cruise for the Caribbean. I providing my personal experience and observation of cruise experience with Carnival Glory. Based on all the experiences I had on the ship.

All the staff members were nice and friendly. They really make sure everything's is working, and that you are having a good time. I would suggest checking in before you arrive at the ship, because the lines are LONG if you wait until the day of sailing.

Once off the Gangway after getting the ok to board the ship. I proceeded directly onto the ship and went straight to the Lobby bar as my cruise first day ritual. I am smart as not to run up to the buffet right away. First thing I ordered after looking at the drink menu was a cold beer. Can of Heineken served with a frosted glass. So right away this was looking really good and the service from the bartender person was highly professional. Noticed the drink menu had many unique names to all of their drinks. Drinks you can get were wines, martinis, cocktails and many types of beer.

After I was done my drink I then proceeded to tour the ship. I walked around the 5th floor going to the casino, bakery and all the bars on this floor. After that the announcement for the staterooms were ready. I proceeded to find my room of 8400 on the eight floor. On entry to room my observations was Cabin was nice, you can tell the ship was older but things looked very clean.The room was obviously old, but not too bad. Rooms on Glory and being with Carnival I noticed are larger then the cruise i had with NCL. In room my order of bottle of wine and Coke is delivered by my cabin steward. All of this was nicely wrapped in a nice presentation.

Ship was very clean overall. Yes a little old but you have to respect a ship that is always going off on a cruise. Gets a beating a bit in the water at times.  Good ship, just needs some upgrades. I really really enjoy and thought in the hallways for the cabins. The decor was really neat, with the lighting arrangement quite interesting.

After this I went for lunch on the Libo deck. Buffet was busy at this time but good. Lots of variety. I got some of my food, noticed a big variety from chinese, deli, pizza and burgers as well. I ate on the pool deck and watched all the action.

Activities- they had a ton. Never a dull minute on the ship. From mini golf, to life size chess, bingo, casino, night club, trivia, karaoke, spa, arcade for kids, pool, water slide, teens club... They don't lack in things to do on the ship. Carnival seems to get it right being the Fun Ships. You have a cruise director who does a rock out dance night in the Libo deck. Gets everyone going on you do a Congo line throughout the ship.

Food on the ship well.There is food 24/7 so that's always a plus. The pizza spot is one of the 24-hour places and it's delicious. I have to stay on this ship they have the franchise of Guy’s Burgers. Tried it out, well about six times, the burgers are lots of fun. Really highly rated for sure to what people say.

The semi-formal dinner food that is served every night is delicious and always worth it. I ate in the dining room first night for Anytime dining. Very amazing service, you get like 4 servers, well your host and different people. With each step of the way. Started with a salad. Then bought a bottle of wine. Server I had was amazing. I even ran into her the next morning and she greeted me by first name. Chicken something for main and a the signature Carnival Chocolate melting Cake. So good. Also had a glass of red wine. Selections of wine is good. If you order a bottle and not finish, they put it in the fridge and you can have it later during the week.

Other parts of ship for eating, buffet, well lines were abit long on this ship. Selection of buffet is not bad. If you like eating Denny’s food then your good here.  But good selection and a really good salad bar. Also there is a Chinese food in the afternoon. Room service had a good selection and was fast.

Casino entertainment is small, there is smoking there, being a non smoker, it was hard, but had fun. They fill you up on drinks all you want. so the fun keeps going. I play some Craps and roulette as well. The casino staff were very helpful and even helped me to one of the machines when i was drinking too much so i could continue my fun.The service overall was good. My cabin steward was excellent and very attentive. The food was good- I would have liked more healthy options. There was always a lot of activities to choose from and most were good. The main pool deck was VERY small & the pool smaller considering the ship has 3000 passengers, it should be MUCH bigger.But overall this was a good cruise, fun time & good food & people.

So a few notes to mention.

I enjoyed the towel animals on my bed each night

Overall I rate my time on the Carnival Glory as amazing. I could go on with more things in detail. I will be writing separate reviews of the excursions by Carnival. So would i said Carnival again, yes. Would I sail on Victory again, yes. Only if i had to though, so personally with a new cruise just looking for a new experience. Doing a different ship always makes the difference in experience. The whole experience was great and I have no complaints. The staff, food, shows and overall activity were just great. I would for sure do another Carnival Cruise again one day.

Overall I recommend anyone of any age looking to cruise to consider doing one on the Carnival Glory. Thanks again.

Cruise Photos

Very nice cabin, so quiet, had a nice balcony, very spacious and clean, older but ok. Bed got a great sleep overnight.
I found it to be fast and efficient
Ship was very clean. Yes some what older and you can tell but not a negative at all. Spotless in cleaning for sure
I enjoyed all the ports of call. Good destinations. many good options for tours.
Children's Programs can't comment, no kids
Well it is called how you entertain yourself. The Comedy club is good. Rest is more less up to you. Not being a negative. if you want top entertainment, another cruise line is your option which you pay more for.
Top notch customer service all the way throughout the entire cruise. 5 stars everyday
Other parts of ship for eating, buffet, well lines were abit long on this ship. Selection of buffet is not bad. If you like eating Denny’s food then your good here.  But good selection and a really good salad bar. The semi-formal dinner food that is served every night is delicious and always worth it.

When you first board a cruise on first day. Everyone is going straight to buffet. I suggest either tour the ship first. have a cold beer at one of the bars. Have a late lunch and enjoy our time. take it all leisure , don't rush anything. Would you enjoy this more as your on vacation.