Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Nice early summer cruise!

Sail Date: June 20, 2015

I would have given this cruise 4 stars if I hadn't recently cruised on the Carnival Breeze. or other larger ships.  I found myself comparing the Carnival Glory to the Carnival Breeze numerous times during the cruise.  I have cruised with Carnival at least 6 times now.  One notable difference on this cruise was the high attention to prevention of the  spread of germs and the high encouragement of the use of hand sanitizer.  I was really glad to see this because on past cruises I felt that Carnival lacked stressing the importance of hand sanitation.

We chose the Glory for the itinerary and because my son could not survive without the Carnival's Fish n Chips and Guys Burgers.   The dining room food was mostly average.  Our family was more excited to eat the food on the Lido such as the Blue Iguana Cantina, Guys Burgers and Fish and chips.  My husband looked forward to the fried oysters and the seafood soup at the Fish n Chips.

The entertainment was very average and far less than the entertainment we experienced on prior Carnival Cruises. The sports deck was also average.

This was our first time purchasing 2 connecting cabins for our family which made our time in the cabin extra comfortable.

We really enjoyed the ports of calls.  Our family had never been to Belize and Mahogany Bay.  The beach at Mahogany Bay was so much fun and relaxing. My kids are hoping we can return again next year or sooner.  My husband and I would like to return soon but we would probably try the Carnival Breeze again.

Overall, we would recommend the Carnival Glory however are next cruise will be with the Carnival Breeze or the new Carnival Vista.  We like the the extra activities the bigger ships has to offer.