Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Good cruise- but lacking the details

Sail Date: May 09, 2015

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Overall we had a overall we had a good time - but that is mainly due to the stops being amazing locations. The carnival Glory was an older ship- but was in good condition and had nice amenities. The rooms were clean, and our room attendant was amazing. He took great care in our rooms and needs the whole trip. My negatives were the pool and pool area were downright dirty. The pool was actually too gross for even my kids to get into. The food areas around the pool should have been cleaned more often as they were really disgusting. The inside buffet was well kept and clean- however we found the evening dinner to be anything but fine dining. Rushed in and out, no one even offered us a drink, and the service team really didn't speak to us except to quickly take our order. Because of those reasons we opted to do the buffet the last few evenings as it was more enjoyable. My biggest complaint and it was really a big one was multiple times the cruise ship staff gave my children direction which I found to be unsafe. These occurred getting on and off the tender boats during rough waters & getting off the boat at the main dock. As the parent I should absolutely know and be aware how my 6 year old will be taken off the ship. They actually stepped in front of my husband and picked my 6 daughter up and took her across a very unsteady bridge to the tender boat. When my husband got upset and said "that's my daughter" they got angry and held him back off the boat. This happened on several occasions- you can NOT separate children from parents or take a child from a parent without explaining what you are doing. For this reason I have to question the judgement and safety of the cruise line.

Buddy was amazing - he made our trip. This room is LOUD at night though- and I mean, LOUD. I believe it shares walls with a nightclub or something with very loud music.