Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Carnival Glory Sux....

Sail Date: July 05, 2014

We sailed the itinerary from 7/5 - 7/12 to Cozumel, Belize, Honduras and Gr Cayman. The itinerary was great and the travel was smooth. Outside of that experience the "life on board" was terrible.

Food - Thumbs up for the Omelette station for breakfast, outside of that the food was horrible.

Lunch was blah, and I ate in the dining room once. That experience was a nightmare. I showed up for dinner and was given a pager to wait 15 minutes, after 30 minutes and complaining we went back to the hostess who told us sorry and seated us in a tight corner next to the busser's station. THE FOOD WAS HORRIFYING! We opted to take our chances in the Lido Deck dining room instead.

People -  The crowd on this ship and the previous Carnival cruise I took last year was very low class. Cutting into lines for food and shoving themselves in between people to grab more food from the buffets and the burger lines. Forget about lining up to get off the ship, they were ridiculous. Pushing and shoving like animals to get unto the tenders.. Belize was the most memorable. I shoved an older lady who stepped on my feet twice to cut in and boy that felt great... no disrespect to the elderly, but my toes are not made of concrete. She finally cut in front of someone else and let in about 8 more of her family members.... No class...  Repeat the same behavior on the long line from Gr Cayman to get back to the tenders... same animal behavior.

Entertainment was blah, boring, cheap. The comedians sucked. Thank God for their production company doing their Diva, Epic Rock and Latin night or there would be nothing else on to do. The shows are repeated so if you saw both shows in one night, the next evening you had to sit on your thumbs with nothing to do... unless you wanted to sit in the Lobby Deck and listen to some bad "crooning" or hang out around the "Casino Stage" and get lung cancer as you inhale serious second hand smoke to enjoy their lack luster entertainment.

There were nights with absolutely nothing to do.... we found a secret hideaway on Deck 6 where we could hang out and enjoy the stars.

The Television has NO programming of value except pushing a few excursions and funny they kept advertising that your next cruise should be on the newly "renovated" Carnival Sunshine, which for 3 of the 4 destinations were with us. On one of the stops I heard a few of the passengers from the Sunshine saying how that ship sucked too, so I didn't feel so badly.

Pro's - The steward who cleaned our room "Pa Pa" was the best , sweetest guy and we gave him a very nice tip because he was great and made the trip a pleasure..

I gave it a 2 because this is my second Carnival Cruise and it could not hold a candle to NCL, who in my opinion has fantastic food and entertainment.

I would not recommend it... and if you do go anyway, please lower your expectations and you'll probably have a good time.

Older ship, you have to walk all the way to the other side of the ship to find the entertainment
Food not anything to write home about
I had a balcony room, it was ok
My room steward was great, LOVED HIM
It sucked
don't know
nothing to do all day, unless you want to buy tanzanite and art work... YUCK
All the stops were great
Miami, Florida
Fantastic tour of the island from one of the Tours not on the ship, Well worth it
Belize City, Belize
Belize is ok, Go to the Rum Factory and you will have the time of your life
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
great, lots to do and it's been built up compared to the other times I have visited
George Town, Grand Cayman
The tender lines to go back on the ship were long and we waited 45 minutes on line

Skip the dining room and go to the Lido deck for Dinner, you have a better chance of having a decent meal