Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Not up to par

Sail Date: July 30, 2011

We were bored most of the time. I describe the entertainment staff as a bunch of high school kids told to entertain 3600 people for 5 days. This cruise was nothing like I had experienced on other cruise lines.

We made our 1st port late and our 2nd port was cancelled due to fog. The ship ran at around 10 kts. The top speed of the ship was 21kts. They blamed the fog for having to run slow and miss the 2nd port (I understand and accept weather problems) but I don't see why they run so slow and were late to the 1st port when it was clear all day and night. They seemed to be more concerned with saving fuel cost than keeping schedule.

Pros: Customer service and the stateroom cleaning staff were very helpfull and nice.

Cons: The cruise director and entertainment staff were the worst I have ever experienced. The staterooms were noisy.

Recommends Carnival Glory? No.

The staterooms were clean and modern but that doesn't make up for the uncomfortable beds and noise. I paid for an upgraded room because I booked one with bunk beds instead of a king size. When we got to the ship the upgrade was on the lower deck and over the engines, the whole room vibrated and it sounded like a jet inside the room. Customer service was great and moved us to deck 7 and to the front of the ship. The room didn't vibrate or sound like a jet anymore but we could hear music from all the club and theater and the walls were paper thin so we heard everyone talking in the surrounding rooms. The beds were two twins pushed together and they each were bowed, so in the middle we had a two inch gap and a big hard hump between us. Both staterooms I seen were like this, not good on a honeymoon when you would like to cuddle.
They have very little for children to do on the ship. They had a room and a few board games for them. Most of the kids got bored after a few days of the same board game and made their own fun by packing in an elevator and riding it all day. Teenagers had a small arcade room and a dance floor room.
The ship itself was in good repair and clean.
The food was ok, but we didn't like scheduled dining times and the long lines. We even had to get a restaurant beeper and wait for over 30 minutes to get a seat. They asked us to tip the wait staff even after charging us tips for that purpose every day, always been told on other cruise lines that tips are included in your final bill and not to tip anyone.
Entertainment was the worst I have ever seen on a cruise ship. This is one of the main reasons to take a cruise. I will not sail Carnival again. I will stick with Norwegian, Disney, or Princes cruise lines.
Customer service and stateroom staff were very nice and did everything they could to fix any problems we had very quickly. They of course didn't have the power to be gods and fix the noise or the crappy entertainment staff.
Saint John, New Brunswick
We did the top 10 of Saint John tour. It was rushed because our ship was late to port. Our tour guide Blue Bonnie was very entertaining, much better than the ships entertainment staff.