Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Anniversary Cruise with Sister /Parents

Sail Date: November 01, 2010

Overall I thought the ship was great. The outside movie theatre was nice and would probably be more enjoyable on nights after arriving in the warmer climates. The food was really great, never ate anything that was not a treat for the tastebuds. Staff was so friendly and fun. Lots of things to do on the ship.

Pros: Staff very friendly and fun, evening dining food was absolutely awesome, illusion show was fantastic

Cons: No late night foods like other cruises I have been on, disembarking process was horrible, weather is very cold to Charleston for the last cruising day. Keep in mind that you are traveling back to a colder climate the last day at sea. The first day traveling was at night from Charleston.

Recommends Carnival Glory? Yes!

My room was as expected in size. However my parent's room was a king bed not a twin beds room. The lowest deck is not the ideal spot to be. According to my parents it is very loud with the engines/anchors.
Rooms were very clean and always on top of making up the bed. I went in one afternoon for a nap after the bed had been made. I knew they usually come back and turn the covers back at night. Of course everything was remade and turned back. Very nice accomodations. The only problem was my parent's room was a king bed and when booking it was shone as a twin bed room.
Dining was great..just very limited late night foods available. No midnight buffets or evening set ups. A few cookies, brownies, ice cream, etc. Assigned dining food was absolutely awesome. Some of the best food I have ever experienced.
The staff are exceptional. They are always so helpful and willing to just go out to whatever it takes to make you happy. My Dad had brought a chair that you push like a walker and can sit on if tired and be pushed. However, it didn't work out as well for him as hoped. The Carnival crew stepped up and got him a chair within minutes so he could leave the ship. Very accomodating to the passengers especially with special needs.
Comedians were excellent!! Loved the illusion show and the large screen movies.
All shows and comedy acts were scheduled and stated by rating of content. They had earlier comedy shows for family rated PG and then later evening were rated R.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Port Lucaya was nice. We rented a cab for $5 each (one way) after shopping near the ship. The cab took us to a nice resort with a beach and lots of shopping areas, food, etc.
Don't Miss: Not alot going on here. But I would definitely go to Port Lucaya
Should have signed up for a special group excursion here. We rented a cab for $20 each that took us around in the neighborhoods and certain sites. However, the stops were for some of his local buddies businesses. Never took us to the straw market. Did take us to Atlantis but we had about 20 minutes to look around.
Don't Miss: If you like snorkeling, dolphins, aquariums, shopping and just laying around you must to to Atlantis as a day excursion. Wish I had gone that way.