Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

A pretty good cruise

Sail Date: September 06, 2010

We enjoyed many features of this cruise, especially the musical entertainment. We have just enjoyed other ships more so will not be back on the Carnival Glory. It just seemed lackluster in comparison to other cruises we have taken.

Pros: Reggae band, Show band, piano bar, lobby musicians and singers, dinners.

Cons: Smokers in many entertainment areas drove us away from the music we were enjoying. Most staff were great, but one bartender in the lobby bar was not so pleasant, and the security guards made me uncomfortable.

Recommends Carnival Glory? No.

The ship was very clean and comfortable, except for the cigarette smoke in the casino and nightclubs. It drove us away from entertainment we really were enjoying.

Elevators made most areas accessible, but sometimes we would find we had to use additional stairways to get to certain clubs and we'd have a hard time finding them so would miss some entertainment we were looking for. Stairs are difficult for me due to arthritis so it was a bit difficult to get around.
We enjoyed our dinners. Most of the food was good. One night my fish was a little dry, and my lobster tail was just ok. But the other meals were really good. I loved the escargot, lamb chops, melting chocolate cake, and perch. Breakfasts and lunches were mostly good. The Fish and Chips restarurant was disappointing. The fried oysters and calamari were not good.
We had an inside cabin. It was small but had plenty of room to stow our belongings. The bed was very comfortable and everything was very clean. Our steward was terriffic.
Overall we found the staff to be very cheerful, friendly and accommodating. They are very hard-working. The security guards made me feel very uncomfortable, however, and one bartender on the lobby bar really turned me off. I tried to avoid him as he was so clipped in his tone and service.
We loved the musical entertainment. Music and dancing are what we enjoy most on a cruise. Sometimes it was hard to find the clubs we wanted to get to, and there was too much cigarette smoke to enjoy staying for the entertainment.
Halifax, Nova Scotia
It was a rainy day so we took a local bus tour which we enjoyed. We liked the downtown area and had a nice lunch at Your Father's Mustache. The seafood chowder was delicious.
Saint John, New Brunswick
We loved St. John. We enjoyed local brew and steamers at the pub across from the pier, then took a trolley tour through the city to the reversing falls. Another time I would go to the falls and stay several hours to enjoy the change of tides. We especially liked St. John. The bagpiper playing as we were leaving that evening was so cool! We loved him!