Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

First Time Cruise, but we'll be back!

Sail Date: February 08, 2016

I was initially reluctant to be "trapped" or confined to the ship, but in the end, I realized that throughout the trip, I never felt that way.  Certain times of the day were very crowded on the Lido deck (where the buffets are located), but once we got the hang of it, we scheduled our comings and goings to avoid the most frenetic times.  We enjoyed the Posh dining.  We were assigned the late eating and found it to be later than we would choose, but the staff and the cuisine were very enjoyable.  We especially enjoyed our evening in the Sun King Steakhouse.  The food was very good and the service was great-worth the reasonable upcharge.

Very spacious, comfortable place to be. The TV left something to be desired, though. Whether it was the very small screen, or the intermittent signal, TV could have been better. Bathroom and shower were very efficient and always clean and tidy.
These were a bit tedious, especially the disembarkation. We are fully aware, however, of the need for border security and accept that this is part of life now.
I was very pleased with our balcony stateroom. Your service staff was very attentive to keeping the room clean and straight.
Shopping trip to Merida was too hurried. I think our guide was very interested in the history of Merida and, as a result, the tour extended into the late/middle afternoon, leaving very little time to shop and NO time to eat.
We didn't participate in any of these.
no kids
While I was reluctant to go to the shows, my wife talked me into it and I wound up having a great time. The singers/dancers did a tremendous job.
Obviously, your staff was very well-trained. They were ALWAYS very courteous.
Sit down restaurant was a delight. The buffet lines, less so.
Galveston, Texas
Maybe try to schedule some time there to see the town. From the ship it looked historical and interesting.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
Completely tourist based and, therefore, it comprised of tacky souvenir shops and small restaurants. It seemed the economy there was challenged.