Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A little disappointed

Sail Date: February 08, 2016

The first 3 days were great.  The stewart  Made was the great.  Absolutely loved him.   He was so special.  There was a man named Nicolae (Nicolais) that worked in the MDR and on the Lido deck.  He was from Romania and had 1 month left before vacation.  He went well above his duties.  He got us milk, tea, and one day found my husband for me.  The food was also really good the first 3 days.

Then on Thursday evening the toilet kept running.  We moped it all up with our towels.  They sent a plumber that said it was fixed   Friday when we got up our floor was saturated.  I had to put on some clothes and run to the 3rd floor to go to the bathroom.  All day we had no access to our room due to the fan and wet floor.  We couldn't nap, watch TV, and I was scared to use this bathroom.

We finally went to guest services and asked for another room.  They gave us room  was 8334.  The steward locked the refrigerator while we were out.  He thought he had taken all of our stuff out.  We were missing a can drink.  We thought it was a Sprite (was a Root Beer).  He said No everything left was his and wasn't going to open it until we insisted.  We did have a Root Beer in there.  I really didn't like his attitude at all.

Then while waiting for pizza one evening there was a group of about 7 teenagers.  They went to the tables set up for the condiments and each got a bottle of soy sauce.  Each child was going to take a shot.  They took of the lid and started to take a drink.  I yelled at them, that was a health issue and put them down.  They mumbled at me and left.  I reported it to the front  desk and they said there would be better supervision up there.  Nothing changed.  I also showed some of the workers on the Lido deck, kids playing chase and running into people.  They said they could only tell the children once to stop running, if told more than once the parents would complain.  The workers should have the right to talk to the kids.  During the whole trip the same 2 children RAN, played chase, and tried to jump and hit the signs hanging from the ceiling.  I told them to stop, but the parents just sat there.

I love Carnival and will continue to cruise with her.  We received a credit of about $87 for having to pack all our stuff and move to another room.

I like the entertainment on the Triumph better. JMO
The first 3 days the food was great. Then it just didn't have the flavor. We ordered tortilla soup. I was nothing like what we have here in TX. It was like tomato soup with terrible seasonings.
Galveston, Texas
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
We use to go on the busses to a large flea market. Now, it's a small and dirty place. Sure do miss the old place.