The Most Wonderful Cruise Experience

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

12 Night Mediterranean & Greek Isles (Rome Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 15, 2008
Ship: Carnival Freedom
Ship is huge and beautiful ! My room steward & personal restaurant staff including the assistant bar waitress from Crotia was the best. Every person we spoke with, spoke perfect english. Personel were always smiling & happy.
We did highlights & catacombs tour, very crowded alot of walking and again very long drive. Still was nice. I wish we would have been allowed to stay down in the Catacombs longer. Only did outside of Coleseum but it was still awesome. Be careful everywhere, my son 16 yr got ripped off twice from vendors selling cola and powerade. Both times he was charged 5 euros & they refused to give him change. Our tour guide was willing to go back, but it was quite a hike back..so be carefull.
Must see Pompeii awesome, we needed more time their. Its too bad the drive is so long. I could have just seen Pompeii.
Don't Miss: Pompeii
Turkish people are the best, not what I expected. Very kind. Worst part lines to pay for bathroom & receive one sheet of toilet paper. Bring a roll of paper from the ship. This goes for all ports.
Don't Miss: Blue Mosque
Went to Virgin Marys home, would have been nicer if there wasn't the long, long lines & then your shutlled in and out. quickly.
Don't Miss: Ephiesus, what an experience, amazing..bring water very hot.
To start with all port buses were great, but Florence bus and no leg room on the left side. So sit on the right. Very long drive. This was the most crowded place of all-it was nuts, picture Time Square on New Yrs Eve.
Excursions are very long bus rides- I could have just seen the Acropolis.
Don't Miss: Acropolis Amazing, long walk to the top but so worth it. You are stepping back in time.

Pros: All the staff, Cleanliness of the Ship, Shows,

Cons: Not enough shops on board

Recommends Carnival Freedom? Yes!