Appropriate guests for this type of crui

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Helpful Vote: 1

12 Night Mediterranean & Greek Isles (Rome Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 15, 2008
Ship: Carnival Freedom
This cruise is best suited for couples and for people who enjoy eating and drinking. ( I'm from Salt Lake City though not Mormon. I do enjoy the occasional cocktail.)

This is the first cruise I've ever been on, and I was with my daughter so I'm sure I would have found many great things to do had I been with a partner, but I felt like all people did all day was eat, drink, lay out in the sun: non of which I particularly enjoy.

I only found the breakfast/lunch dining staff and the bartender in the piano bar to to be not very friendly. They never smile !

It was really a treat to have the towel animals to great us when we returned to our room! Also, having a steward who calls you by name is wonderful.

Don't Miss: Bazaar
I was disappointed in the Turkish bath (which was one of the excursions we most looked forward to) because it was rushed. We watched one man get a wonderful, lengthy massage, but when we were called up it was very short and unmemorable.
When we stopped for a small bite in the outside restaurant we were such a large group that many of us couldn't see the dancing. The food was NOT good. I was thinking they should learn to cook Greek food like we have back here in Salt Lake City! It's FABULOUS!

Don't Miss: Tomb of the unknown soldier was something to see

Pros: Stage productions / purser desk employees / organization / room steward "Jury"

Cons: desserts (except at dinner) / some aspects of excursions

Recommends Carnival Freedom? Yes!