Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruise-WONDERFUL-BUT>>>>

Sail Date: August 29, 2009

Carnival was wonderful and I highly recommend taking a cruise with them. However, customer service sucks......I was promised a $140 voucher to book a hotel room anywhere, the perk for booking the cruise with them. When booking said room, I called the hotel and they informed me that their pool would be under construction along with part of the hotel. When letting know of this unacceptable condition they told me that since I used the voucher, it could not be refunded, or another one issued. We cancelled our reservation to that hotel and we had to pay out of pocket over $200 for a hotel room. VERY disappointed in customer service. I don't think I would ever use them again, just leaves a bad taste in my mouth that they didn't come through with what they promised me after booking a $2000+ cruise through them.

Pros: Carnival has great excursions and terrific food

Cons: The embarkation process needs to be tweaked a little bit...we were on the bus waiting to leave to get to the ship for over an hour.

Recommends Carnival Freedom? Yes!

Can't say enough about the food and the wait staff, just excellent!
we stayed on a balcony stateroom, midship---deck 6. beautiful
Beautiful ship!
The place to buy jewlery.......
Don't Miss: Isla Twister---AWESOME! And its all inclusive too, food and drinks were great.
Colon, Panama
Tours were so OVERPRICED. If you want to see the canal up close and personal, get a cab.
Puerto Limon, Costa Rica
We went white water rafting. Great trip, but note that the bus ride is over an hour.