Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Problems over paradise

Sail Date: December 19, 2015

The shower in our stateroom flooded on day one right after we checked in. Plumber number one was sent to fix the problem. The next day the flooding progressed. Water submerged the bathroom floor it began to flood onto the carpeted area outside the bathroom door. The water reeked of sewage.  I frantically called guest services (911). Plumber number two was sent to fix the problem. This plumber was angry, didn’t speak English very well but I could tell by his actions and his body language it was a BIG problem. He plunged the drains but water kept coming. Then he snaked drains and removed the wall paneling outside our stateroom exposing the pipes. My daughter and I stood there in disbelief.  We had just picked up dinner, brought it back to the room and put our night clothes on before this nightmare began. Now our room had been taken over by this angry plumber, a housekeeper w/ carpet shampooer, guest service and a sea of onlookers passing by trying to catch a glimpse of the action. The room wasn’t big enough for us all! I was told the carpet would be cleaned, a deodorizer put down to mask the smell, and an industrial blower would need to be placed in the room for a few hours to dry the carpet. I asked if we could be moved and initially I was told no! They gave me the option to leave the room for a few hours while they fixed the plumbing and cleaned the carpet but we were already tired and we had on night clothes. Guest services continued to play on my ignorance until I asked if one of them would be willing to take our place in stateroom U167 and we would gladly take their stateroom for the night. I was told, no again! At that point I was hungry, tired, frustrated and confused! Before I knew it my emotions took over and tears ran freely. I think I realized there was nothing I could do. Two hours later and by the grace of God stateroom R155 became available. We packed up our entire room and moved forward only to find more problems in that room.  At this point, I was too tired to complain. It only fell on deaf ears anyway. The staff played on my ignorance and treated poorly after our room flooded so please, please do your homework before you cruise with Carnival. The last time I cruised with them I was a teen. This time I brought my teen and she was very disappointed.

Cruise Photos

The shower in our stateroom flooded on day one right after we checked in. Plumber number one was sent to fix the problem. The next day the flooding progressed. Water submerged the bathroom floor it began to flood onto the carpeted area outside the bathroom door. The water reeked of sewage. I frantically called guest services (911). Plumber number two was sent to fix the problem. This plumber was angry, didn’t speak English very well but I could tell by his actions and his body language it was a BIG problem. He plunged the drains but water kept coming. Then he snaked drains and removed the wall paneling outside our stateroom exposing the pipes. My daughter and I stood there in disbelief. We had just picked up dinner, brought it back to the room and put our night clothes on before this nightmare began. Now our room had been taken over by this angry plumber, a housekeeper w/ carpet shampooer, guest service and a sea of onlookers passing by trying to catch a glimpse of the action. The room wasn’t big enough for us all! I was told the carpet would be cleaned, a deodorizer put down to mask the smell, and an industrial blower would need to be placed in the room for a few hours to dry the carpet. I asked if we could be moved and initially I was told no! They gave me the option to leave the room for a few hours while they fixed the plumbing and cleaned the carpet but we were already tired and we had on night clothes. Guest services continued to play on my ignorance until I asked if one of them would be willing to take our place in stateroom U167 and we would gladly take their stateroom for the night. I was told, no again! At that point I was hungry, tired, frustrated and confused! Before I knew it my emotions took over and tears ran freely. I think I realized there was nothing I could do. Two hours later and by the grace of God stateroom R155 became available. We packed up our entire room and moved forward only to find more problems in that room. At this point, I was too tired to complain. It only fell on deaf ears anyway. The staff played on my ignorance and treated poorly after our room flooded so please, please do your homework before you cruise with Carnival. The last time I cruised with them I was a teen. This time I brought my teen and she was very disappointed.
This day could not have come soon enough!!

Do your homework before you book a cruise with Carnival.