Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Fun Cruise But Not My Style

Sail Date: August 23, 2014

My adult daughter and I had a good time on this cruise but I will not cruise with Carnival again.  Our lowest guest deck cabin was very basic; the air conditioning was too cold, there was a lot of engine noise, and no blow dryers were supplied.  Cabin service was a little hit-or-miss:  one of our pool towels was taken but not replaced until requested.  The daily schedule was not provided at first.  Food ranged from excellent to mediocre; I got tired of searching for a table at lunch and breakfast.  The Lido Deck grills prepared food to order (omelets, Mongolian Wok) and was consistently good.  Sometimes the offerings at Windows on the Sea dining were not appealing; the Caribbean days were the best. The public areas of the ship were nicely decorated; however, there seemed to be no good seat in the Universe Lounge to be able to see the stage with an unobstructed view.  There was too much smoking, too much drinking, too much loud music, too much picture-taking, and too much emphasis on shopping at the Carnival-preferred stores.  Positives:  staff were friendly and polite, there were a number of games and activities during sea days.  More shows, movies or cultural presentations would have been nice.  My daughter overheard a younger cruiser say it was a "granny cruise"; I can't imagine how rowdy a young adult cruise would have been!  Guests ranged from kids in diapers to elderly people in walkers and wheel chairs; there were a lot of kids and younger adults.  Carnival seemed to have a good program for children so I would recommend for families.  Even bored teens seemed to have a good time.  I've cruised on four other lines and this cruise is near the bottom.  To have a better experience, I would recommend a more expensive cabin, earplugs and some good reading material.

Cabin was spare; public areas very nice
Ranged from excellent to not very good.
Needed more movies, shows or lectures
Needed more movies, shows or lectures; too much emphasis on shopping
Enjoyed the two tours we took
Too cold; no blow dryer; one outlet; poor or no TV reception during most of trip; adequate closet and drawer space; good lighting for reading in bed.
Charleston, South Carolina
Grand Turk Island
Try the shops that aren't on the ship's recommendations--less high-pressured sales people. Island tour was interesting.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Couldn't disembark because of bad weather and surf.
Highly recommend the diving tours--great experience. Plenty of shopping opportunities. Wish we could have seen more of the island.

Bring a blow dryer; book a "better" cabin; bring earplugs; try all the eating venues; try the adult-only Serenity Deck.