Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

The Worst!!!

Sail Date: August 23, 2014

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Room Type: Suite

Although this was a horrible cruise I went on the Carnival Splendor in March 2014 and it was an excellent experience and I had ZERO complaints. The fantasy- terrible

-Late to port-They also didn't give us extra time in any port and got us to Grand Turk 2 hours late
-Port times too short
-Skipped a port- other cruisers on other boats we met in Nassau all got to go to different islands but Carnival didn't take us anywhere and then added insult to injury when they refunded us .16cents.
-Not so friendly staff- guest services - reported all issues all I got was "so sorry nothing I can do"
-Room steward - upon arrival there were pee stains on the bed linens, purchased a birthday décor package and someone stole sticker off the door on day 2, when I asked the steward if she took it down or if someone stole it her response was, "I can't watch the room 24/7". She said nice things to us each day but it was looking down at the floor and in a tone that was so forced. She seemed miserable unlike other stewards we encountered who were friendly (naturally)
Mold in bathroom-pictures available (nasty)
yellow tub water-pictures available (nasty)
-Made to leave assigned dinning table and dining room (Jubilee) when other couple stole our table even though we arrived at 6:02pm and our cards showed the table was ours. After being moved to an entirely different dining room (Celebration) had to get up and get our own menus. The maître d told my husband there were no menus left but right behind the maître d were two stacks of menus and my husband took them himself and then waited over an hour for our dinner (this was completely unacceptable we should not have been made to move because someone stole our table we had been sitting at for four days and were assigned to. That couple should have moved!) We were all so mad we couldn't hardly eat and left after just a few bites .
-When leaving the ship we had priority departure but staff had no idea why any of us were there (universe lounge) and we sat for over an hour after assigned leaving time (6:45am) before he realized we were suppose to leave first- and that was after I complained and showed him my letter. Regular departure began before priority departure got to leave.

I spent $4000 on this grand suite for my husband and I , our 21 year old daughter, 12 year old and 5 year old. Only spent 3 hours in one port skipped another port completely and some of the staff had terrible attitudes. Had I spent a lot less maybe I would have been more accepting of the poor service and port issues but this nasty bathroom is inexcusable. The air conditioning in the room was very low and we couldn't get it to work and they told us it was fine. Never again . Filled out a Carnival Survey and I am hoping they make some sort of effort to try and satisfy me. I took 2 cruises in 5 months and before getting on this one was planning a third. I have put all that on hold after this experience - at least with Carnival.

Cruise Photos

Mold in bathroom
Maitre d in Jubliee horrible, dining servers excelelnt, guest services horrible, room steward horrible
Loved the comedy shows
short port times, late arrival to port, skipped port
Charleston, South Carolina
Grand Turk Island
Check out Jacks Shack down the beach to the left
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Skipped it completely and we were not diverted
Check out the British Colonila Hilton Day Passes