Carnival Needs to Retire the Elation

Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

5 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 19, 2015
Ship: Carnival Elation
Cabin Number: E61

I have been on three other cruise lines prior to my cruise on the Carnival Elation.  The Elation and Carnival were a disappointment from the moment we stepped on board.  The ship was dirty and in extreme disrepair.  The food was nothing more than "edible" and my companion and I had extreme difficulty finding food that was healthy.  The complete lack of activities was annoying.  The other passengers on board , between the excessive drinking and drug use was disgusting.  The shows in the theater were laughable - though I am sure they work hard, the performers do not have the talent to be performing in public.  The comics were not funny and highly offensive.

There is nothing that Carnival can possibly do to replace the time and money that I wasted on this trip.  I work very hard to earn extra money for vacations and this one, was  completely wasted.  I will be sure to tell each and every person that I come in contact with to not waste one penny on Carnival.  NCL, Royal Caribbean and Disney are well worth the extra money.  I will not make the mistake of booking with Carnival again.

We paid additional money for a room with a window. The window was so dirty that it was difficult to see outside. The room was neglected from the dirty carpet, dusty light fixtures, drawers and doors that would not close, visible mold in the bathroom and a sink that would not drain.

Do not choose Carnival. There are too many other options.