Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Health Concerns

Sail Date: September 19, 2015

This was our 3rd cruise on carnival, and our 6th cruise total, and I was total grossed out by the conditions of the ship. Yes the ship is older, and it is expected for there to be minor damage but when it can possibly effect someones health it is something to take serious.

We checked into out room to find a hinge broken on the closet, the handles on the drawers loose and misaligned to where they didnt close well...those were minor, but the shower area to be filled with mildew stains.  I asked the room steward to clean the shower but he told me that because it was an older ship that the stains are there, and there was nothing he could do about removing it. The pool towels were damp, and smelled like mildew. We exchanged them 3 times, and each time the still smells, had stains on them, and were crusted.  The pools had a line of dirt ring around them, and slim floating in the water. We first thought that because the ship was older that the line in the pool appeared overtime, but when we rubbed our finger across the stain came off with no effort.  Please take a look at the photos I have to support my claims. My husband and I

went to the guest services to complain, and nothing was done to fix the problems.  They just brushed me off. I will never cruise on this ship again

I called Carnival this morning and all they could do was offer an apology, so now I am disputing the charges with my credit card company.

There were other small issues that I could list, but they weren't as nearly as important as the health concerns. ie; smoke smell throughout the entire ship, sewer smell in areas of the ship, food wasn't speculator, they advertised there was sushi...there was no sushi, no swimsuits on board for purchase, price of alcohol in the fun shop more expensive then in port, never saw the cruise director until day before we got off ship, not a lot of activities or festivities as on the other ships we cruised on.

Cruise Photos