Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A so so cruise

Sail Date: October 28, 2006

This is only my second time on a Carnival ship. I was very impressed with Glory and I thought Elation would be similar. But overall I was disapointed.The ship was actually very pretty. There were signs of aging but I witnessed carpet being put down and painting being done. It did lack the cleanliness that I have experienced on other ships. The bathrooms on the lido deck were always dirty and lacked the essentials. The cabins were spacious but my cabin steward lacked the desire to please. We only had towel animals in our room three out of five nights. Much to the chagrin of my 8 year old grandchildren. He also never did anything but clean the bathroom and do the beds. Never any folded nightgowns or anything to make me feel pampered or taken care of. The first night in the dining room was anything but special. We had a 5:45 seating and I had to leave at 7pm before receiving dessert. Had to go to a Carnival Kids Club orientation. My server never bothered to make recommendations or explain any of the selections which is something I never experienced on any other ship on any other cruise line. I did try dinner on formal night but experienced the same service from the server but in a more timely manner. I didn't go back. The food in Tiffany's was fair but never hot (temperature). It was a little worrisome for me, being in the food service business. The service in Tiffany's however was good. The staff was helpful. I found the purser to be very helpful when I complained about service in the dining room. As I mentioned before, I had two eight year olds traveling with me and they enjoyed the kids club a lot. The counselors did lack enthusiasm at times but overall they did a good job of enteraining the kids. I received the best service and hospitality in the casino and the coffee bar. The entertainment was the usual, nothing really special.

Pros: The casino

Cons: Dining room service

Recommends Carnival Elation? No.