Not a good first experience.

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Carnival Ecstasy

5 Night Bahamas (Charleston Roundtrip)

Sail Date: January 15, 2018

Ship: Carnival Ecstasy

Cabin Number: M216

Review Summary

I did not enjoy.......................................

Embarkation

Very easy. Staff was very friendly and helpful. It was a little awkward having to haul my carry on luggage around while waiting to get into our stateroom.

Ship Experiences

Only come products were available and they were overpriced. Sweet iced was not available and unsweetened tea cost extra. The food served in the dining rooms was very good. I would have liked some options for snacks.

Wind Song Dining Room

The wait staff was wonderful. Juan and Wayhou took care of our table. They were efficient, courteous and very friendly. Thoroughly enjoyed the nightly show.

The weather was not conducive to outside activities. My roommates had to leave the ship due to a medical emergency and I was on my own.

The medical staff, captain and crew went above and beyond to assist my friend during her emergency. She had a stroke during the first night. All was excellent until the last day. Guest services called me multiple times trying to get me to pay my roommate's medical bill. They kept insisting that I was her sister and that either myself or someone else in our group should pay. I gave them her sister's contact information but no one contacted her. When she contacted Carnival she was told that they couldn't discuss anything with her because she wasn't on the cruise.

There was a pervasive odor of mildew in one section of the passageway near my stateroom. Other than that the ship was very clean and in good repair.

Definitely too small to comfortably accommodate three adults. The air was too dry. The only way to adjust the temperature was located on the ceiling. It would have been nice to have had more control over the temperature.

Be sure to take plenty of snacks and a 12 pack of your favorite soft drinks.

Ports Of Call

Charleston, South Carolina

No excursion in Charleston.

Princess Cays (Cruise Line Private Island)

The beach was clean and there were plenty of chairs available. I don't think the pool noodles, kayaks, etc. should have cost extra. Princess Cay is owned by Carnival. These extras should have been included.

It rained. Since my roommates had left the ship, I cancelled my plans to visit Atlantis.

Disembarkation