Thanksgiving Cruise

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Ecstasy

5 Night Bahamas (Charleston Roundtrip)

Sail date: November 25, 2017

Ship: Carnival Ecstasy

Cabin type: Oceanview

Cabin number: M152

Traveled as: Family (young children)

Review summary

I have been on this ship twice and have no desire to go back. Even though I did hit a jackpot on last day in casino. So happy Sunshine is coming to this port.

Embarkation

Embarking was easy as we had FTTF. I always get it for my parents and us.I just hate the bus thing in Charleston and their crazy parking system.

Ship experiences

It is my opinion that Carnival has allowed the quality of their food to slip downwards from when We first started cruising with them. But you can never go hungry if you are a big eater.

Pool leaked out into part of the casino so it was down till they fixed the crack. But it was cold up on deck also. My husband and granddaughter loved the slides on warmer days in Nassau.

Stage shows are good as are comedy.

Dr Suess is always a big hit and the breakfast has some of the best food on ship. The Build A Bear is also a very nice event for family’s too. The camps could have done more with crafts like they do on other Carnival ships but my Granddaughter loved going and made a lot of new friends there.

Video Arcade

Arcade had really no games at all. Just grab machines. They need to put more video game machines in.

Staff is always wonderful on this ship

Ship was very clean and decorated for the holidays.It looked very beautiful.

Our cabin was fine for the 3 of us with plenty of space.

Ports of call

Charleston, South Carolina

I love everything about Charleston. We love hanging down by the straw market shopping.

Freeport, Grand Bahama Island

We never go anywhere here.Just stay near the port and wonder around the shops.But we always grab conch fritters and grouper fingers at one of the stands there.It is the one with the Trip Advisor sign on it. A lot of the ships crew eat there too.

We did a dolphin tour here that was a horrible day.They took us to an island in the cold rain where it poured most of the day.It is not like the Blue Lagoon where your lunch is included and they do not tell you that. The cost for two burgers is $65. I ask about the $22 special and she wanted $30. The workers are horribly rude also in almost every building there.Also know other ships that were supposed to show up that day canceled due to the weather we were stuck in. Please wear water shoe if you choose to do this tour as the big rocks make it very hard to stand in the water. The cd of your pics with the dolphins is almost$100. So be prepared. They did our dolphin excursion in the pouring rain and it was very chilly.

Disembarkation

FTTF made it very easy to get off.

Traveler Photos