HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE-DON'T GO WITH CARNIVAL CRUISLINE

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

4 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 19, 2015
Ship: Carnival Ecstasy
Cabin Number: U228

I had been on 5 cruises, with this being my 5th and LAST ONE due to this cruise. I've cruised with Carnival 3 other times and once with Royal Caribbean. The 4 other cruises I had been on were amazing. My new girlfriend had never been on a cruise, so I booked us on the Carnival Ecstasy for a 4 night trip. Let me just say... This was the worst vacation I/we ever had. Let's start with the staff. EVERYONE, aside from "Su", (who cleaned our room), were the most unprofessional and rudest staff members I had ever encountered. On my previous 4 cruises, the staff would stop while you walked by, everyone greeted you with a smile, you seen and usually met every Upper Management (Captain, Cruise Director, Ect...) and had a pleasant encounter with them and it almost seemed like you were royalty. On the Carnival Ecstasy, staff members would cut us off while walking, they were constantly using their cell phones, they would dine in the buffet with their feet up on chairs, legs spread open and chewing with their mouth's open. Any possible rude or unbecoming behavior, was constant.

It was so horrible, that my girlfriend and I were becoming entertained by our expectations of what was coming next and MUCH more came. The ship was dirty, outdated and seemed maintained poorly. Everyone just seemed to be going through the motions of their jobs to get through the trip. Anytime we asked a crewmember a question, it almost seemed like we were bothering them. With us being trapped on the ship, we couldn't wait for it to be over.

Furthermore... The ONLY staff members who were being nice were the one's trying to sell us something. Once we declined the, what seemed to be 100 sales pitch's, those "Salespeople" or "Crewmembers" became like the rest of the staff, rude and unprofessional.

If your reading this, STAY AWAY FROM CRUISES, especially Carnival. Once you are on the ship, there is no escape. Go book a nice All Inclusive vacation. At least if it is as horrible as our cruise was, you can cut your trip short and go back home and do home maintenance. It would be much more fun and at least you would have something to show for it accept a large credit card bill and horrible memories.

The room smelled like a sewer and the boat was rocking the entire trip.

STAY AWAY.... Read Comments above.

They cancelled our trip to Key West, due to poor weather.