Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

AMAZING vacation

Sail Date: May 19, 2014

Food - for the most part, excellent.  The fruit was the most delicious I had ever had in my entire life.

Entertainment - The band Kansas was great.  The comedian on the boat did a show every night, he was hilarious, and played to standing room only.  So many other things going on all the time, and things to do for all age groups.

Service - Top notch!!! Our dinner server (Carlos) was on his game.  All the staff know you by name, by the second day of sail.  How they do this, I have no idea, but it makes you feel great.  Everyone one board was friendly and genuinely went out of their way to ensure you had a good time and everything you needed.

Comparison - The only other cruise I have taken is the Norweigan Dawn to Bermuda, out of NYC.  This was overall a better experience than Norweigan.  I am already booked on my next Carnival cruise for August/2014 to the Bahamas out of Florida

Cruise Photos

Everything was clean.
All the food was fresh and presented well. One night I had a grizzly piece of beef, and the beef tended to be undercooked a bit, but otherwise EXCELLENT.
Evening dinner service... Carlos you are the best!!!!
Band Kansas played live and rocked. The comedian (Smiley Joe Wiley) was HILARIOUS!!!!
I put OK only because I did not travel with children, but I did happen to walk by the theatre mid-day and caught a couple minutes of "towel folding". Very cute!!! The kids were making swans, turtles, and such.
Always something fun and exciting going on. Even poolside had games and events going on.
Snorkeling in Cozumel was unforgettable.
I say "OK" only because this time we booked an interior stateroom. The room was clean, beds and pillows were comfy. Last time we booked a balcony (it was a longer cruise) Since this cruise was only 4 nights, I figured we wouldn't be in our room enough to spend the extra on a balcony.
Miami, Florida
Stayed the night before and went to Finnegan's Way for food and drinks.
Key West, Florida
Carnival Live Concert

Should have taken more advantage of the sit-down brunch...delicious!!