Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Pleasant Cruise

Sail Date: May 19, 2014

Cabin: GUAR

This cruise was a last minute decision and while not my fav cruise line, the price and timing were great. I was incredibly impressed with the efficiency in helping me get my disabled husband checked in and on board. Our carpet was wet and they were VERY responsive in getting a large floor drying fan to us - though not ideal. However we discovered it a leaky shower that was causing it so they put us in another stateroom. No leak, but no hot water. Again, once contacted they immediately had someone check it out and fix it. I did think something more than a $19 credit was due us though. My husband became ill and we had to cancel our excursion. They were very helpful on that and it only cost us $25 total to cancel which was better than i expected. We ended up seeing the ships doc and the clinic was very kind, efficient and were able to help him. Surprisingly it cost the same or less had we gone to an urgent care center. We only ate in the dining room and food started out good, service wonderful. By day 3 food edible, service ok if you got their attention. By the end both were poor. Throughout the ship if you asked for anything, they were incredibly responsive. Anticipating needs, not so much. But overall it was a good value and we enjoyed it. Just needed some fine tuning.

Overall good - clean, pretty efficient.
Started great, ended "eh", average okay
When asking for something, phenomenal - anticipating needs, needs some work
Only 2 shows but they were good. Casino ok, didn't see comedians. Didn't like had to pay extra for concert.
Didn't have little ones running amok so must have been okay!
A bit hokey and old. Should have more and be more creative.
What we expected.
We almost paid extra for a room close to the elevator but decided since few left we'd chance it. We got the one we had wanted. Excellent response to problems in the rooms. Even though by elevators surprising quiet.
Miami, Florida
Found great parking away from port that we'll use again!
Key West, Florida
My husband couldn't walk much so hung out at Red Fish Blue Fish. Matt was great and very welcoming even though not officially open when we got there.
Carnival Live Concert
Should have been included in the cost of the cruise. Was told Kansas performed ok but poor interaction w/audience. They were there for the $ not for the joy of playing.

The "Bubble" program is well worth it if you are a soda or juice drinker. Juice is included in the dining areas, but to sip on it's a bar charge. My husband drinks lots of soda! Bring bottled water or you'll pay a lot for it. No fridge int he staterooms but they will bring you an ice bucket.