Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A fun relaxing vacation

Sail Date: November 26, 2011

I was traveling with my granddaughter and the trip was enjoyable because of that. This was my fourth cruise and definitely not my favorite one. The food was certainly not up to the standards I've enjoyed on other cruises. We had no hot water for showers for the first two days. Also I enjoy the productions in the evening and was disappointed when there were only two. There were smokers on either side of our balcony so it made sitting out and enjoying the benefit of it almost impossible. The other problem was that getting from one end of the ship to the other was challenging because not every floor had through access...we needed to take an elevator to the floor above or below to get to where we were going. I can't say enough about the staff though...extremely great service and very friendly and helpful.

Pros: enjoyed the excursions, the karaoke, the service was impecable both in the cabins and in the dining room

Cons: Didn't have hot water for showers for the first two days, the food was not up to the quality we enjoyed a few years ago on a Carnival cruise; I was disappointed that there weren't more shows in the evening; also couldn't enjoy the balcony because there were smokers on either side of us

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? No.

Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Excellent tour guide! Enjoyed the markets
Don't Miss: Key West
Key West, Florida
Loved it!
Didn't book the excursion through Carnival so had a long commute to get to our pick-up point.