Great Cruise

Carnival Dream Cruise Review

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Dream

5 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)

Sail date: January 20, 2020

Ship: Carnival Dream

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 6432

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

Overall had a great cruise. Ate to much and drank to much and spent to much money at the casino but had an amazing time.

Embarkation

Our check in time was 11:30 and we reached port about 11:15. There was no line at security and breezed right through and on to the ship. I had a drink of the day in my hand by 11:40.

Ship experiences

The was the second cruise for my wife and I and got to try the steakhouse. It was absolutely amazing. Well worth the extra money. Guys burgers and Blue Iguana were great as they were last time. The seaday brunch was great for us but the couple next to us said there food was cold. The MDR was was a little disappointing on 2 of the nights we went. Not bad just not very good.

Gary the CD was great at the Love and Marriage show and the adult Quest show was hilariously raunchy!

First time having a balcony and my wife and I loved it. Room was extremely comfortable and being able to step out onto the balcony was amazing.

Ports of call

Progreso (Merida), Mexico

Galveston, Texas

Stayed at the Tremont which was a great hotel. The Strand was a lot of fun to walk around at and do some shopping and bar hopping.

Disembarkation

Disembarkation was extremely slow this time. Our CD made the announcement shorty after they started that the port of Galveston needed us to slow down disembarkation since they were backed up. Even after we finally got off the ship the lines through customs were horrible. After we finally got through that our shuttle back to parking at hotel Galvez took almost an hour to pick us up. We almost ended getting a taxi with some other people waiting for Galvez as well.

Traveler Photos