Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Awesome cruise, incredible crew!!

Sail Date: July 17, 2016

Traveled As: Family w/young children

It was a wonderful cruise! Our wait staff was the best I have ever had, and I have been on 9 cruises! Anthony, Albert and Bagus, (and Sean, the matri'D were so exceptional! My grandsons were on the cruise, and the wait staff, especially Anthony and Bagus, were so great to the kids, my 7 year old cried when he had to leave Anthony! He did card tricks, and all kinds of cool stuff to keep the kids busy while we ate. They brought their food right away, they were just fabulous! Our room steward Raabe, was excellent too, never had to ask for anything!

Each evening I had a glass of Moscato, and they ran out, and didn't have any for the last two nights, which I found odd. The dancers were just amazing, the show they put on was the best ever! You can tell how much work went into this show! Talked to one of the dancers named Chris, from Pennsylvania, and he was so kind and patient talking to us, such a nice young man! My daughter had a problem with one of the Build a Bear associates. The leg on the leopard she bought ripped, and when she brought it back the girl that waited on her was incredibly rude to her. If Carnival wants this program to succeed, then the associates running it have to be nicer. She found out (from a nice young man that took care of her) that it had been overstuffed, and that is why it ripped. He didn't argue with her, he was very nice, and gave her a new one. Also, need to get the places where the kids are measured for the waterslides in sync...on one, my grandson was tall enough to go down the slides, on the other one he wasn't, and they sat and argued with my daughter about it, and then told her he couldn't go down ANY of the slides...I felt that was really wrong. This was a vacation of a lifetime, their FIRST cruise, and he was not allowed on any waterslides. He is only four, and he loves waterslides. We should have gone to guest services and complained, but I know it really upset my daughter and her husband.

Very nice cabin, very comfortable, and very clean!
Disembarkation was ridiculous. We were told to wait to have our floor called, we were self assist as we drove to New Orleans. So, we waited, and waited, and the elevators were full of people coming down from upper floors that he didn't call, and then, after all the waiting, he says "All self assist people can come down". What a mess, we had two small kids with us, it was a nightmare, because no one listened to what he said! Next time, I am not waiting for my floor to be called, I will just leave like everyone else did, going in February on a southern Caribbean cruise on the Vista. Embarkation was really great. Went very quickly.
My seven year old loved it!!
Best show I have ever seen! Those dancers are amazing!
Yes!! Anthony, Bagus, and Albert! Also, our cocktail waiter, Sreefith! They all were just awesome!!
New Orleans, Louisiana
I got my reservation at my hotel a year a head of time...good thing I did! Huge convention in town! Stayed at Country Inn and Suites in French Quarter, it was outstanding! So beautiful!
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Belize City, Belize

Try all the different food choices..try the barbecue, the Pasta Bella was excellent, (but be prepared to wait a long time) the Mongolian wok, etc. All were excellent.