Very nice boat, no perks for platinum, lazy service

Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 20, 2015
Ship: Carnival Dream

The Carnival Dream is a large, new, spacious boat! It was very clean and had plenty of room for all passengers. The only time things were crowded were boarding and eating on Lido deck. The rest of the time there were plenty of deck chairs, small waits for your time dining and fast service at the bars and coffee bars. The boat was beautifully decorated for Christmas and there were lots of celebratory options for the holiday. However, there were a few things that are making me reconsider traveling with Carnival again. I am a Platinum member which used to get us several perks. This trip the only perk we receive was the quick check in (priority lounge, luggage first and no lines).  I usually receive free drinks, free gifts in my cabin and priority getting on/off the boat. None of that happened. In fact our cabin steward was the WORST we have ever had! He only cleaned our room once per day, while we were at dinner. The rest of the time, we had no towels and had to call for everything. When I say call, I mean call the cabin steward line 4 to 5 times, go out in the hallway and look for someone and then call again several times before we got what we needed. This level of service is unusual because we have always been well taken care of on Carnival. It makes me think why not switch cruise lines because it doesn't matter that we have cruised with them so many times. We were treated worse than a first time cruiser.

Our beds were VERY hard and uncomfortable. When asked for cushion, took 2 days.
We always use Island Marketing Limited for excursions. The pro is they are cheaper, more extensive (see more) and more personal. The con is they are not allowed in the cruise port and you have to walk up and down a huge hill to meet your guides. They are worth it!
Terrible, unsafe port
We used Island Marketing Limited again and they were great!