Complainers beware - LOVE THE DREAM

Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Cruise Director

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 27, 2015
Ship: Carnival Dream
Cabin Type: Suite

This was my 84th cruise and my 14th on Carnival.  I have sailed Celebrity, RCCL, Holland American, NCL, Commodore (Gone now) and Cunard.  My wife and I have now sailed on the Dream two times, Conquest, Triumph, Freedom and Ecstasy.  Our favorite mid ship is the Triumph and our favorite large ship is Dream.  I read about the poor staff, poor food, unkept public areas, poor guest relations, odors, hot temperatures, etc.  I do not think there is any area on the ship that I have not visited just to see if any of these bad problems exist.  I have been to every bar and eaten in every restaurant and been to every show.  I do not find any of these problems.  My one complaint about the Dream is that it has not had the 2.0 upgrades yet and the internet is the slowest I have ever encountered.  We were in a Spa Suite on this cruise and I would recommend it to all, especially 11205 and 11206.  These two are on the port and starboard bow on deck 11.  The balconies are half again as large than a regular suite.  The elemis amenities and perks are wonderful.  You have a private elevator to the Spa as well.  My wife spent most of her free time there.  I know that you cannot please everyone and all cruise lines offer some things others don't.  For the price and overall experience you cannot beat Carnival.  Remember a couple of things.  If you look for something to complain about, you will find it.  Any cruise is only what you make of it.  My philosophy.......A stormy day at sea on a Carnival ship is better than any day at the office.  Enjoy.

Excellent. Plenty of room. Spa robes, slippers, elemis amenities, private elevator, inclusive spa amenities are great. The balcony was our favorite, about half again bigger than a regular suite. Would not stay in any other suite.

Visit and explore the entire ship. There are so many areas that you normally might miss.