Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Ports and activities were a blast! Actual ship and customer service was disappointing.

Sail Date: September 27, 2015

I went on this cruise with my daughter and a large group of friends. The ports and excursions were beautiful! Our favorite one was the catamaran snorkel in Roatan. The coral and wildlife were extraordinary and the customer service was outstanding. It was my daughter's first time and they took the time to help her without holding everyone else back!
The Dream's layout was a little weird and the elevators were constantly broken. There was one day where all of them were out of order midship which was a big inconvenience. The food was very good for the most part, but the service was hit or miss.
One of the reasons I chose Carnival this time was because I heard great things about the kids camp. Two days before we left, I was informed the camp area would be under construction but they would still have activities. The first few days were very disorganized. My daughter still had fun, but I was extremely disappointed with the activities. They watched a lot of movies and did a lot of "free play" but it was in one of the clubs and in a conference room. They hadn't done anything to decorate or make them feel "kid friendly." Some of the staff were welcoming and knowledgeable and some were not.
The stewards were not impressive. We saw ours the first day, and the last day when he knocked on our door to get us to leave so he could clean.
My friend had a bed bug in her sheets! She took a picture and called her steward. He came in and killed it and left. He didn't offer to change the sheets or anything. When my friend went to guest services, they refused to do anything to make it right! They wouldn't even launder their clothes gratis!
This was my second cruise. I would definitely cruise again, but never with Carnival.
The room itself was great! It was more spacious than I expected. There was no tub which I didn't know, but my daughter is at the age where it wasn't a huge deal. After my friend had found the bed bug, I was very nervous we had them too! I asked if we could have our sheets changed and they said they would, but I think the steward just made our beds to make it look like he had.