Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Very nice for Carnival

Sail Date: August 09, 2015

I really didn't want to sail on Carnival again, but the departure port was non-negotiable.

The boarding process was as complicated as it was before, altho a bit quicker (was on board within 45 minutes). The cabins were ready when we boarded, which was a nice surprise.

The food was good, but not four or five star--for that, there was a surcharge. I have to single out my dining team, because they were absolutely extraordinary -- Jose, Anthonius and Zoya. Ask for them if you want superb service!

The big failure was in Guest Services. It is (literally) impossible to get them on the phone, so you have to go down to the 3rd level. No matter what time between 9 am and 9 pm, there was a line. On the last two days, as expected, the line was long, and the crew members snarly. They are open 24 hours but I valued my sleep.

I used a shore excursion from and cannot say enough good about it. In Cozumel we chose the "Chocolate, Tacos and Tequila" and had an absolute blast. It is held at the Discover Mexico Museum, and is so much more than anticipated. There is a scale model walk-through of all the ancient Mayan temples which is astonishing. There is a professional-level tequila tasting, which taught me a lot more than expected. If you go on this excursion ask for Erick. You can't go wrong.

The BIGGEST disaster was the tendering at Belize. It was extremely disorganized, and time-consuming. If it hadn't been for the fact that Belize does not have daylight savings time we would have missed the excursion connection.

We had a wonderful steward, Charles, who was always available. I was taken ill from an allergic reaction, and he stepped in to make sure I was taken care of while in the cabin. The towel animals were so cute and imaginative -- the duck and frog were extraordinary.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Port very dirty, despite being a dedicated Carnival port.
Belize City, Belize
Getting to the destination required a tender, which was the most disorganized thing about the cruise. Thank heavens they were one hour behind or we would have missed our excursion despite being in the departure area as soon as it opened.
After disembarking, use the pedicabs. It is almost a half mile from the gangway to the flea market!

Altho Room Service is posted as 24/7 there are no breakfast items by phone and only contintenal breakfasts by door tag. You are much better off going to the Lido deck for the breakfast buffet. The Room Service menu does not change with the dayis the same for the entire cruise.