Formal Evening Dilemma

Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 09, 2015
Ship: Carnival Dream

The pools were overcrowded and too small.  The lines for the water park were extremely long.  Needed to wait on lines for breakfast and lunch buffet.

We were not informed of formal evenings.  My son had a dressy pair of shorts and long sleeve shirt and they would not allow him to attend the sit down dinner.  We spoke to maitre d' and he informed us to go eat to the buffet section for dinner.  It was quite embarrassing for us overall.  My husband went back to the room to give my son his long pants to wear ( the only pair my husband had).  My daughter, my son, and I had dinner together without my husband.  My son then went back to the room to give my husband back his pants in order for my husband to come down to dinner.

Only one specialty restaurant and one major restaurant.

Well kept and maintained. Very clean and comfortable.

11th floor ideal. Walk right out and are next to the pool area and the dining area for breakfast and lunch.