Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Second Mate

The Dream Cruise Rating

Sail Date: August 09, 2015

We cruised The Dream Aug 9-16 and LOVED that the ship was as huge as most of the Royal Caribbean vessels! The wait staff was moderately customer friendly (some more than others); however, Marlon (our cabin steward) was outstanding! The food was mediocre (except the newly implemented bar-b-que grill section), the slot machines were very tight and took quite a bit of my money. The comedy shows were passable; however, the Encore Shows were not good at all!!!  I would strongly suggest that they change The Legends format. I've been on 6 Carnival cruises and have seen the guests perform as the same characters (Elvis, Aretha Franklin, Brittany Spears, Frank Sinatra, etc), sing the same songs and viewed the same performance by the cruise director each time.  It's time for a change!!!!

Because I love cruises, I don't believe in BAD cruises--only Good, Better and Best.  For this cruise, I rate it BETTER than the Elation but it was not my BEST Carnival cruise.

We loved our cabin and Marlon (the cabin steward) did a marvelous job of maintaining it to level of expectation.

Try visiting the barbecue section on the ship for lunch. The food is a welcomed change.