Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Third Mate

Great cruise! Love the Dream!

Sail Date: May 03, 2015

Our first cruise on the Dream was excellent! We were in inside cabin 7319 with Christine as our cabin stewardess. She kept our cabin in 'ship-shape,' with ice in our ice bucket, and the cabin spotless. She always greeted us by name and never failed to ask us if we were having a good time and if there was anything she could do for us.

We have eight cruises under our belt now, all have been on smaller ships until now. This was our first cruise on a Dream-class ship. Wow it is big! We got our exercise walking all over the ship! 1004 feel long and you walk it several times each day... No need to go to the gym, just walk around deck 5 a few times and you have your exercise in for the day. The whirlpools on Deck 5 were unusual and a lot of fun. Spaced over the length of Deck 5, you will find several whirlpool/hot tubs. I liked the concept and with the number of people on board, there were enough whirlpool/hot tubs to go around and they were rarely crowded.

I liked the fact that the elevators go all the way to the top to include the Adults only Serenity Deck. I use a walker and it's hard to get up and down the stairs on a cruise or anywhere else, for that matter. So I appreciated the elevator to all levels on this ship.

The Main Dining Room staff was excellent! Our wait staff, Peter, Made, and Gede...were outstanding. After the first night, they had our names down and called us by our names every night after that. They also remembered our drink and desert preferences as well.

The cruise director, Chloe, and assistant cruise director, Mason, were fantastic. They kept the ship running smoothly with humor and fun! The shows were new to us (we cruise every year) and some of the best talent we've seen.The Legends show on the last night of the cruise, included some very talented fellow passengers. We enjoyed all of the live bands on board as well. I did karaoke one night and that was fun too. The Comedy Club had some very funny comedians. The Preacher's Kid was one of the funniest guys I've seen in a while. We saw both of his shows, family friendly and adults only...

For the most part the cruise was smooth sailing with the exception of the first night...however, I got a prescription for the patches I did not experience any problems..We were supposed to have rain in all three ports, but the rain held off and we had great weather the whole trip.

Other staff who were helpful, Ava in the cosmetics part of the Fun Shops was very nice. Karen in the general merchandise are of the Fun Shops was also very helpful...Natasha in the spa gave me a great manicure and pedicure...and countless others always smiling and asking if we were having a good far the most friendly staff we have encountered on any of the ships on which we have sailed.

The only negative thing I can post is, they made me get off the ship on Sunday!

Bottom line, we would cruise on the Dream again!

Cruise Photos

The Dream is a big ship. Has a lot to offer but doesn't have a Guy's Burgers....
Our wait staff, Peter, Made and Gede were fantastic... Food was wonderful as always!
We were in cabin number 7319, a mid-ship, inside cabin on the Empress Deck... Great place to be on the ship.
Every staff member we encountered always had a smie and aske if we were having a good time.
The live bands were some of the best we've heard on Carnival. The shows were fantastic!
Children's Programs Did not participate in children's programs
We participated in several activities including Karaoke and Trivia contest... they had many other things as well.
We did the Hop on Hop off Trolley tour of Key West, went to Ernest Hemmingway's home, and ate at Caroline's Cafe...Love Key West. We didn't get off the ship in Freeport because we've been there several times. In Nassau, we went to the straw market and walked around downtown...
New Orleans, Louisiana
New Orleans is one of my favorite places to visit. So much history!!!
Key West, Florida
I would live in Key West if I could. So many things to see and do. Don't miss eating at Caroline's Cafe on Duval Street.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Freeport is okay... nothing to do right at the port, you have to book an excursion or take a taxi to anwhere to shop or do anything else. Not my favorite port.
We walked down to the Straw Market and around the town. Nassau is okay and you don't have to book an excursion to have fun. Plenty to do right when you walk off the ship.

It was a lot of fun trying to find the ship's coin... Go on a 'scavenger hunt' to find it! Do take the elevator to the Serenity Deck if you are disabled and cannot climb the stairs. You can take the regular elevator to the Spa then go through the Spa to the Serenity Deck.

1 Comment