DREAM ON DREAM

Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Cruise Director

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 14, 2014
Ship: Carnival Dream
Cabin Type: Suite

We returned from the Eastern Caribbean on 12-21-14 in New Orleans.  What a fantastic trip it was.  After reading many negative reviews about the ship (too hot, smells, too crowded, etc.) I didn't know what to expect.  We booked a spa suite (11205) and it was a very clean, non smelly suite.  The balcony was very large.  I met our cabin steward right away (Ycento) and he was wonderful throughout the cruise.  There was never a request I made that was not taken care of immediately.  The food was some of the best I have ever had on a Carnival ship. The buffet breakfasts are a little repetitive but you can eat in the dining room for a great selection and on sea days there is a Sea Day Brunch in the dining room which is to die for.  We ate in the Steakhouse one night and it was way above expectations.  We also had made reservations at the Chef's Table.  It was better than the reviews I have read.  I recommend it for anyone who loves GREAT food.  Chef Allen was the best.  There was always something to do and the ship never seemed crowded.  Our suite was always very cool and never a problem with A/C.  If you want to sail on a large ship and have a great experience, sail on the DREAM.  You will remember it for a lifetime.

n/a

Book the Chef's Table for an experience of a lifetime.

Easiest port to get to and the best parking garage
Sloppy Joe's Bar