Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Week on Carnival Dream was more of a nightmare

Sail Date: November 23, 2014

The ship and crew themselves were generally very good but the long lines for everything tells me they are understaffed - too many people taking pictures and not enough people serving dinner.

The shore excursions were poorly planned. Our first one in Roatan was cancelled - we were never told why but it was not cancelled until we were ashore in the port... no advice followed the cancellation. Our second was cancelled due to poor weather - we could not take the small crafts from ship to Belize - no snorkeling! This is understandable but there was no compensation offered for this loss of an important port excursion. The third excursion was to a Mayan site in Yucatan and was poorly planned, more promised than could possibly be delivered and we were the very last people to reboard the ship - it was very disappointing. Additionally the blabber over the loud speakers to sell drinks or other things on the ship was too loud and incessant - there was no place to sit and talk without constant noise. It was awful! I assume everyone is already deaf due to the apparent need for amplification. I have been on other ships (e.g. Norwegian) and the atmosphere was a lot more pleasant. Additionally the food was too much fat, too much salt, too much sugar - nothing remotely resembling food I, as a diabetic, usually eat: vegetables (beside salad) and whole grains. Is it so difficult to prepare healthy food? (Food was healthier on Norwegian also.)

no really healthy options for those who don't want a steady diet of salt, sugar and fat.
not really "bad" but certainly poor - not enough staff - long lines for everything - do not vacation to stand in line.
not really great but pretty good
much too noisy - I just wanted to get away from whatever it was due to incessant loudspeaker commentary telling me what a great time I was having and how I needed a few more drinks.
It would have been better if two had not been concealed and the third had been better planned.
I am not sure I would say "great" but it was definitely comfortable and adequate.
New Orleans, Louisiana
swamp tour
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Our tour was cancelled with no notice so we hired a taxi for 4100 to drive us around the island for 3-4 hours.. Our driver spoke less English than we would have liked but took us to interesting places.
Belize City, Belize
This stop was cancelled due to bad weather.
Never had a chance to see Cozumel as we had a tour to Tulum (very interesting) that was poorly planed, involved a lot of walking and getting in and out of busses and boats and was generally poorly planned- we were late for the ship's departure time.

Find the Spa and the Serenity Deck early in the week - the only place with any peace on board.
Get to dinner early because the lines can be very long and the food cold.