Ok cruise but one BIG issue!

Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 31, 2014
Ship: Carnival Dream

There are 2 reasons I have issue with the cruise.  This trip was our 20th anniversary trip!!

First and most importantly, my wife was bitting by a large ant in the middle of the night!   This was shocking and disturbing!!  The response by front counter staff was "we will have our staff come and throughly clean your room".  Shouldn't that have already be done??  My wife's health and safety are the utmost important to me!  Needless to say; this had us concerned for the remainder of our trip, since this happened the 2nd night at sea!  Not a lot of fun sleeping with one eye open and wondering "what will bite us next"!

Secondly, I would pass on Belize.  The boat transport and downtown were less than nice!  Maybe we missed the thing to do, but I would have been better served by spending another day in  Rotan or Mexico.  I realize this is my opinion. Therefore, just and FYI.

The staff was very friendly. I would rate this "great" but the ant issue almost sends this to "bad"

Ship smelled pretty bad. Sewage like.

Ant bite! Need I say more?
Just a city with a port. Nothing bad or good about NOLA, as I grew up near there.
Very pretty island and would love to go back.
Dirty city and a pain to get from ship to shore.
Absolutely beautiful water and beach. We loved Cozumel.