Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Purser

Disappointing

Sail Date: August 31, 2014

I was traveling with a first time cruiser and I had bragged so much about the quality of the food especially the eggs benedict.  The first morning there we ordered eggs benedict in the dining room and I was so embarrassed.  They were absolutely horrible.  Everything was wrong.  The eggs were overcooked; the muffin was dry; the meat was wrong; and the hollandaise  was atrocious; thick, tasteless and pretty well dried out.  That set the pace for the rest of the cruise.  The food was just below standard and the service was stiff and impersonal.  The stewards were nice but they cut corners with cleaning.  The entertainment was somewhat tolerable - some of it.  Case in point why gratuities should not be mandatory.   Disembarking (I thought I was going to pass out) was a nightmare that just topped off the whole experience.    Disorganized and hazardous to ones health.   This was my 6th cruise and by far the worst experience ever.  My friend immediately vowed he would never cruise again and I am not sure I will either on Carnival.

Limited
Too commercial.
No clean sheets and slow getting room clean.
Acceptable but not the best I have been on.
Very disappointing - tasteless or just very poor.
Impersonal
Some ok some not too good.
Children's Programs N/A