New Orleans & Jamaica Cruise

Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Second Mate

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 21, 2014
Ship: Carnival Dream

The Cruise ship was nice. They had a lot of activities and the food was OK. But as always, the best part of a cruise is relaxing on my balcony with my wife and sharing a glass of wine, listening to the ocean and watching the sun set. As far as the port of calls, we had a good time in Cozumel and the Grand Caymans. Jamaica was very disappointing. I had a totally different picture in my head. I would never take a vacation there. If I had to mention a dislike, I would mention the following thing. As you know, you're not allowed to bring more than two bottles of wine aboard. I order some bottles of Bogle Chardonnay. 8 to 10 dollars at the store. Carnival $33.00. I under stand you need to make a profit but a 300% mark up. It got to the point during the trip, everyone with carnival was trying to nickel and dime you to death, with the pictures, drinks at dinner, internet access, phone calls. It just started to get old at times. But, lets end on a good note. The entertainment was great, music, dance productions, lounges, pools, gym, the list goes on. The one thing about a cruise, you really don't need to leave the ship to have a great time. Especially if you, "love the one your with".. Hey, that sound like a song from the sixties!!!!!

Very clean. good size. perfect for us......

fun...took two days to find my way around....a lot of things to do... the balcony was great...