Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Don't book a cruise with !!!!

Sail Date: June 01, 2014

I was harassed on the phone and with multiple emails prior to booking my cruise. I figured it would stop once I booked my cruise but I was wrong. I was told I would have shore excursion credits but that is ONLY if you book while you are physically ON the boat. If you wait to book ON the boat you are stuck with all of the excursions that NOBODY wants because the good excursions are FULL and sold out before you sail. DUH!! I missed out on amazing excursions because of this. I will NEVER book with again. We were on the Carnival Dream and outside of the man cleaning the room and our OUTSTANDING wait staff in the Crimson Lounge the staff are unfriendly and even rude. Samson was our headwaiter. He and his team (Saulo and Iwayan are the ONLY reason we had a good time. Our room stewart was polite but he could not clean worth a darn. Our room was dirty when we got there. It was cleaner when we left but ONLY because I brought clorox wipes and cleaned the room myself. Opt out of the automatic tips on the last night. If you do it any earlier you will be treated like shit from the room stewart. I had holes in my bedspread and stains all over them. He changed the sheets once. I marked a corner so I would be able to tell. I wish I had brought Windex so I could have cleaned my mirrors. He didn't even empty ALL of the trash when he cleaned every day. If something was stuck to the bottom he left it there. Staff are all foreign and I think it is illegal to smile or say thank you or your welcome in the countries they come from. Even Walmart has a 10ft rule. (If someone comes within 10 feet of you, you must greet that customer). Samson, Saulo, and Iwayan are the only reason I would go on another cruise with the Carnival Dream. Dinner was the highlight of the trip. They always had entertainment at 7pm and worth eating at that time!!

Ship was in good shape
Samson, Saulo, and Iwayan are AMAZING and you should request them. Our first night was with a different waiter and she was TERRIBLE!! So bad we didn't stay for desert because we were unsure if she would EVER come back to serve us!!
Samson, Saulo and Iwayan in the Crimson lounge were the ONLY staff members I tipped because they were OUTSTANDING!! The rest of these people do not say thank you, smile or say your welcome when thanked. They are ALL foreign so be prepared for RUDENESS!!
The Encore shows are a MUST and the comedy club shows are a MUST!!
Onboard Activities n/a
Destinations and Excursions The cave tubing in Belize is not a 4.5hr trip. The boat tender was an hour late to pick us up and get us off the boat and the trip to the cave is over an hour long. The water was cold and they encourage you not to use bug spray because the people drink the water that you float in. (hope nobody tinkled in the water because that would be wrong) If I had it to do again, I WOULDN'T!! We were rushed on and off the boat so there was no way to do any shopping. Wish I had read the reviews, this has apparently ALWAYS been a problem. Outside of the port I would be afraid to walk around so don't even THINK about it. The port is in the ghetto and it is very dirty and unsafe.
The mirrors were dirty and the counters were sticky when we got there. The fridge did not work and when I asked to have the alcohol removed from it (because I was traveling with my teens) I was told to throw it in one of the drawers. That's a lot of beer (not to mention when beer goes from cold to warm it goes bad so DON'T drink the beer in there, chance it is bad) and the drawers are for my clothes. NOT the alcohol I do not wish to consume. Took them TWO days to get us a fridge for the bottled water we brought on board. They prefer to come in the room when you are not there so if you sit and wait for them to come or return they simply won't until they know you are gone. I didn't like that at all! Our linens were stained and even had holes in the comforters. I complained but it only made our room stewart a bigger jerk. He claimed the yellow stains that look like urine are from the detergent they use and the brown ones (that look like blood, soda or feces) were from the detergent as well and all linens are like that. YUCK!! Bring your own!! I paid $3000 for us to be in a nice room, not a crappy one.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Be prepared to see a lot of homeless people and drunks!!
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
WAS NOT able to go to this port because of WEATHER!! So I don't know what it is like.
Belize City, Belize
Port is in the ghetto.
Beautiful with lots of shopping!! Be ready to be haggled by the locals trying to sell you stuff!!

The buffet on the Lido deck always had long lines and the breakfast was the same garbage every morning. It got very old and I was eating a different type of cereal by the 4th day on our 7 days cruise. It's the same food all day every day so you MUST go to the Crimson for dinner!!