Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Excellent Cruise Value for the Money!

Sail Date: December 28, 2013

The thing about Carnival is that while they don't have all of the bells & whistles of the more expensive lines, this really is a Fun Ship.  This cruise was for me and my 8 year old child.  He doesn't enjoy getting dressed up for dinner and all the other confinements of the more expensive ships.  Carnival has excellent alternative dining options for people like me.  Most nights, we had dinner at a small buffet on the Lido deck and watched a ginormous TV while eating dinner out on the pool deck with about 150 of our newest closest friends.  It was a great party/fun atmosphere to watch a show or game.  Yes, that's right, we watched bowl games on this huge TV at sea to a packed house.  It was so exciting.  There were fans from each of the teams and it was a really fun environment.  Another night they had the Dallas - Eagles game on.  What a party.  We cruised during New Year's Eve.  The parties on the ship were outstanding.  They had several differnet parties, something for everyone.  My son and I danced until 3 am with all our new friends on the pool deck to family friendly pop music.  It was a great time.

Our room attendant was fantastic and very attentive.  The food was pretty good.  Not necessarily the best, but mostly very good and always available.  I do wish their room service menu was better but that would be my only complaint.  There were plenty of great fun experiences to be had on the ship and the ports wwe visited were wonderful.  Definitely a trip I would recommend and one I may take again next year! Oh and the price was outstanding as well.

The ship is actually stunningly beautiful. Italians know how to build cruise ships!
Their SteakHouse experience is a must.
Very nice and spacious staterooms.
Lots of great shows on this ship
Camp Carnival is excellent
Port Canaveral, Florida
Atlantis is my fave!
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
This is a beautiful place and the port visit is long enough to get to know the island
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
I love this island

Book your excursions before you leave. They fill up fast. The Dream has mini golf and a family fun slide. Really fun on board stuff.