The smoke in the Casino was awful even when nobody was there.

Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

invalid-33599
Sail Date: November 09, 2013
Ship: Carnival Dream

This particular cruise was for a Slot Tournament, so you had to be in the Casino in order to participate.  We had a place in the tournament so we needed to be in the Casino.  When we approached the Casino you could smell the smoke even before you stepped foot into the room.  The old saying "you could cut it with a knife" is quite appropriate.  Just walking through the casino to get to the other side of the ship, your cloths would pick up the smell.  I witnessed smokers blowing smoke in peoples direction as well like chimney stacks.  This is such an unhealthy environment that Carnival should do something about it... not only for the passengers (which should be their first concern) but for the workers as well.  I said something to one of the workers there and they agreed but wouldn't say anything more.

The only reason I gave it 2 stars instead of 1 is because the overall cruise was good but when it comes to health, if I could give it a negative I would.

There are over 80% of the people in the US that don't smoke. Why should Carnival allow these people to be subjected to an unhealthy environment. I feel a lawsuit coming.