Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A Fabulous First Time Experience

Sail Date: August 04, 2011

First impression of the boarding process - things moved along well, great on the Lido deck that specialty drinks were offered. The cabins were more than I expected, plenty of room, shower in bathroom was good size, lots of room for all your things. I was able to put the suitcases out of site and relax. as if this were my own personal yacht. Everything was clean and neat!

Pros: Having everything you need/want at your fingertips all the time.

Cons: Waiting in line for some meals

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? Yes!

We were traveling with two 13's, 15 & 18. Didn't seem to have specific things for 18-20 - but he made out ok. Our mid teens did not attend their club - they felt it was silly and had each other. My suggestion is to let the kids decide - they should go to the first meeting and see what is it all about. I imagine that it depends upon the mix of kids on a particular cruise. However, a good facilitator could make this fun for their age group. From what I saw, I would say that the meet and greet worked out well.
All the staff said hello to you all the time, great crew!
Food was great, wait staff and Maitre D made the meal an experience. Albert, Valentyn and Mersin are wonderful people -
Mohammed took excellent care of us - very friendly and always there.
We went to the comedy shows in the evening, Casino and after party club. These were all great; there were many more activities that we didn't attend.
We did the submarine trip, this was excellent. This was low key and really for those who appreciate viewing the ocean this way.
Don't Miss: getting back on your boat for the rest of the cruise
Key West, Florida
Shopping, shopping, t shirt selection, more shopping.
Don't Miss: shopping