Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

An OK ship experience....

Sail Date: February 04, 2007

Stateroom quality poor and bathroom smaller then what we had on our last cruise, dirty stained tiles in shower.
The whole ship could really have used some updating.
Meal selection at lunch lacking.

Pros: Getting off the ship to visit at the Port of Call.

Cons: The quality of the ship, we were told when we booked that the ship was recently renevated...but were very disappointed to see it was very outdated and lacking the splendor we had experienced on previous cruises.

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? No.

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
I found this port to be the one I liked least of all...not much to report for having any good or bad expaerience...
Don't Miss: I've yet to discover that myself, but didn't see anything worthwhile to return back here for!
Castries, St. Lucia
Very beautiful island.
Don't Miss: Island tour - volcano site - Piton's
Dominica
Very beautiful island!
Don't Miss: Emerald Pool and Trafulgar Falls
Bridgetown, Barbados
Once again wasn't overly impressed with this port.
Don't Miss: Monkey's in the wild, rather then caged up for show, our driver was very good and able to find us some wild Monkey's to see.
Bridgetown, Barbados
Once again wasn't overly impressed with this port.
St. John's, Antigua
Island tour or one of the 365 beaches!
Don't Miss: Zip lining and the callenge course up among the trees was an awesome experience, guides very helpful!
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Dominica
Very beautiful island!
Don't Miss: Emerald Pool and Trafulgar Falls
Castries, St. Lucia
Very beautiful island.
Don't Miss: Island tour - volcano site - Piton's
St. John's, Antigua
Island tour or one of the 365 beaches!